Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
· Oversee the implementation of project activities as per the approved work-plan, and milestones / timelines set.
· Ensure staff meetings and trainings are held regularly for enhancing staff capacities and project performances.
· Review and finalize work plan of project team and conduct onsite visit of project to district and block level
· Streamlining the MIES report and analysing the same and provide observations to the team.
· Participate proactively in joint review meetings and other meetings with Partners.
· Participating in reviews/meetings at the state and national level with the stakeholders
· Timely reviewing, finalizing and submitting program reports to Director Program Operations at Country Director and donors
· Supporting in the coordination of visits by stakeholders
· Support in state-level advocacy efforts of Pathfinder, in Maharashtra, on Adolescent health, Family Planning and Maternal health. A key component of such advocacy efforts would be to influence the state government in program planning and allocation of resources from approved project plans, to the above-mentioned program areas.
· Support research activities in the state and coordinate with research team for timely completion of activities.
· Leading the process of strategizing, planning and co-ordination for building an enabling environment for the Yuvaa Project
· Co-ordinate and engage with key stakeholders including state and district government representatives, development partners, donors and the political class, as necessary. Represent Pathfinder at all state-level meetings in Maharashtra.
· Contribute in development, designing and implementation of training and communication materials for YUVAA Project.
· Act as the lead for coordination and oversight for the trainings organized in Maharashtra under YUVAA Project
· Contributing to learning and sharing processes within Pathfinder India, to assist in the identification of relevant advocacy and policy directions and build consensus among staff on key issues.
· Support in development of proposals and negotiations with potential donors.
Essential Job Functions:
· Program Planning and Management: Provides programmatic leadership where there is limited field staff capacity or staffing gaps in country programs. Works collaboratively with program staff to develop, plan, and manage activities smoothly and efficiently, and within Pathfinder’s operational policies and procedures.
· Project Management: Oversees technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants.
· Project Budget Tracking and Reporting: Works collaboratively with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets
· Meeting Planning and Management: Ensures that the project management meeting and partnership coordination meetings are organized regularly and takes minutes of those meetings
· Project Status Reporting: Ensures timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donors.
· Shared Services: Facilitates delivery of administrative support for the Chief of Party by working collaboratively across the different directors and teams within the program and projects.
· Networking and Branding: Represents the program and projects in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations when needed.
· Ability to advocate with government officials, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
Required Key Competencies:
· Country Specific Public Health System. Advanced knowledge of the public health system.
· Family Planning and Reproductive Health: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program
· Program Planning and Management: Advanced skills developing strategic and tactical programming plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
· Change Management: Ability to manage and lead change initiatives.
· New Business Development: Working knowledge in new business/resource development, including proposal management, program design and proposal writing.
· Facilitation and Team Building: Advanced skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
· PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
· Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced knowledge of report writing.
· Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
· Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Demonstrated influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
· Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
· Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
· Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
· Willingness and ability to travel within the project area as well as in-country, as required
Tools & Equipment Used:
· A valid motorcycle rider’s license from local authority, cellular phone; laptop or desktop computer
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Management or Social Sciences, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required key competencies
· Demonstrated expertise in health service delivery, training, and capacity building in one or more of the following technical areas: Maternal Health, New born care, Family planning/ Reproductive health etc.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing National health programs, with at least 3 years’ experience providing technical & managerial support to Public Health system/ NHM.
· Demonstrated expertise in health service delivery, training, and capacity building in one or more of the following technical areas: Maternal Health, New born care & Family planning/ Reproductive health etc.
· Experience in developing medical guidelines, performance improvement standards and curricula and other materials in area of technical expertise.
· Strong background in community-based approaches for service delivery and experience working with partners and stakeholders at all levels.
· Proven ability to advocate with government officials, implementing partners and other stakeholders.